Monday, November 13, 2006

Wifi is important for me.

Over the weekend I was tweaking my home wifi network and finally was able to perform a wifi hotsync. It's much nicer now to be able to perform a hotsync anywhere in the house. Also I've improved my reception a bit as well, so I get better signal strength with my Lifedrive. My church also has a wifi network and I will connect to it from time to time checking email, etc. Honestly, I've found wifi to be quite useful. When I've traveled I've been able to stay connected via free wifi hotspots. We have several here in the Buffalo area that I use on an occasional basis. I never thought I'd really get into using a wifi hotspot, but since I have it on my Lifedrive, I've used it a lot and it has become an important feature for me. To check out local wifi hotspots in your area look at WiFi Free Hotspots and JiWire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had a little bit of trouble using JiWire's Hotspot Helper. However, I've had tremendous success using AnchorFree's secure VPN, the Hotspot shield. I would recommend that for anyone looking to avoid complications with your browser and/or firewall.

Joshua Burdick said...

That's interesting. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the information. ;)