Friday, November 10, 2006

Staying by the stuff

Growing up, my childhood pastor would constantly preach, "Stay by the stuff." He seemed to say that phrase all the time. Even in some correspondence I had with him, he said to stay by the stuff. While, that phrase is forever etched into my mind; it is something I need to remember everyday. Pastors, deacons, church members, and Christians, I believe, have not "stayed by the stuff". They strayed and because of it have caused damage to the cause of Christ. While this is a blog looking at the tech world, I cannot ignore the fact that many of God's servants have shipwrecked themselves and its hurting the spread of the gospel. Christians are suppose to be different because we are striving to be Christ-like. Yes, we all fail time to time, but the "a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again." Some sins though will tarnish our reputation and we will no longer be blameless. So please, forgive me for this rant, but this recent event in my mind has made me want to stay as close as I can to my Lord and I hope it encourages you to do the same.

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." James 4:8

0 comments: