Friday, November 17, 2006

Computer woes...

Well, my computer is on the fritz again. It likes to shut down unexpectedly and without warning. I'm thinking I've got a faulty power supply or another loose connection. I've tested the power supply with a tester and my meter, so it seems fine, but the problems still exist. I do think I'll be buying a new power supply and this time I'll spend the money for a good one, instead of buying one off of ebay. ;) I must admit that it is quite frustating as this problem has consumed lots of my time. Technology is a wonderful tool, but it is a tool that will eat up lots of your time. Paper and pen never have power supply problems. You might run out of ink, but that is about the worst it will get. That's why it's helpful for me to have a moment like this to remind me of what is really important: people. A computer comes and goes. Keep in mind the body of Christ is not made up of computers, but people. To forget why we are here or be distracted from the ministry would be a dreadful thing and very costly. So the computer may go and I may need to a get a new one (PC or mac I'm still undecided), but I hope that through it all I haven't forgotten what is important.

0 comments: