Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A fresh start with my PC.

Last night, I finally updated my Windows XP home edition to the Professional edition. I'm hoping this fresh install with help my PC be less an irritant in my life. As many of you know, I've been looking at upgrading to a mac, but haven't yet taken that jump. I've added programs onto my PC that makes it look and work somewhat as a Mac. Style XP, Rocket Dock, and some themes for specific programs like Firefox, etc. There is another app called FlyakiteOSX that completely changes windows to a Mac interface. The program does a much more invasive approach.
 
I find it funny that after a fresh install Windows opens so quickly. It's been a bit over two years since I installed windows on my home PC. During that time, I've added memory, graphics cards, a new motherboard and processor. I also have a habit of installing lots of apps into my PC just to try them, so I imagine that has caused some junk to be leftover. Anyways, it's going to take me a couple days to completely get my computer back to where it was. Some people reinstall windows every year, just to keep things fast and clean. I must say that I favor that tip and maybe some of you that are experiencing slowness. Just remember to back up your data first! Maybe the Macs don't have this problem.

0 comments: