Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The New Gmail App

I have been testing the new gmail app from google. It is a java app
that allows you to check and send email via your java capable
cellphone or a PDA, like my Lifedrive. Of course, you need to have the
IBM Java software installed to use it. I've ran across a couple
issues. When I'm using my keyboard to type, ithe cursor jumps around
and I begin typing somewhere I don't want to. If I go slow it seems
not to happen as often. You also cannot save a draft with the
software, so far as I know. While I did download it to my motorola
v557, I constantly get the "do you want to use air time" message and
that makes using the Gmail app on my cellphone very unreasonable. If
they fix that, it would be the perfect app for a phone. Overall, I'm
quite pleased to see another useful app from Google as I love Google
Maps and have that installed on my PDA.

0 comments: