Monday, November 20, 2006

Another nail in VHS' coffin by CNET

RIP
"For VHS, it's RIP. Variety, the entertainment industry newspaper of record, pronounced the VHS format dead last week. The paper noted that "the format had been expected to survive until January, but high-def formats and next-generation vidgame consoles hastened its final decline."

READ MORE

I have fond memories of VHS tapes. Getting the 5 for 5 at Blockbuster, helping my dad fix VCRs and watching the VCR tapes get eaten! VCRs were one of the first electronics I could diagnose and fix byself. As a kid, I would even use old VCRs to make Star Trek toys and other fun gadgets.
I still use VHS tapes on occasion. My wife and I have many of the VHS-C tapes from our video camera. We've still been dragging our feet to get a digital video camera. For the time being we have used my Panasonic Lumix digital camera. Works quite well and does the job effectively.

0 comments: