Monday, October 30, 2006

Update/Upgrade error with Microsoft .net

For the last several days, I've had the Microsoft upgrade/install icon in my system tray (you know that yellow shield with an exclamation point) telling me about a Microsoft .net 2.0 update. Every time I tried to fix it, it would say the install had failed. So this morning I finally went and did some investigating to see what I could do about this error. I found a solution and now I don't have the icon in my system tray and I am current with my Windows updates. I found this solution over at eggheadcafe and it was listed in the comments section. Basically it involves downloaded to files. I'll tell you how I did it below:

1. Downloaded Windows Install Cleanup and installed.

2. Removed Microsoft .Net versions via Windows Install Cleanup.

3. Downloaded .Net framework again from this link and installed.

4. Problem solved! Well, until the next update... ;)

Hope this helps you, I'm planning on applying this fix to the computers at the church now.

0 comments: