Thursday, October 26, 2006

Book Recommendations

Last night, I preached in the midweek service on "It's rest time." My text was Matthew 11:28-30. I'll probably post my message online at a later date. You'll find this funny, but I had to record it on a cassette as I didn't have my Lifedrive with me or my mp3 player so I could have recorded it in a digital format. Now I will have to convert it to a digital format later.

During my message I recommended two books by Phillip Keller and I thought I would mention them online for you all to consider. They are excellent books and very practical.

Lessons from a Sheep Dog by Phillip Keller(Amazon's price: $9.99 hardcover) - I read this when my family was raising sheep and we were even trying to raise a sheep dog. The stories that Mr. Keller shares are humorous and spiritually encouraging. This book had a profound effect on me as a college student.

A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller (Amazon's price $4.99 paperback) - This book I read a portion from last night during my message. If you were to even do an indepth study or preach from Psalm 23, this book is a must have. Mr. Keller shares his experiences as a shepherd while expounding the 23 Psalm.

0 comments: