Saturday, October 28, 2006

Treo 680 pricing is leaked.


Folks just don't keep secrets like that use to! Engadget Mobile has revealed the pricing breakdown of the Treo 680 and I'm a bit disappointed. In order for someone to get the Treo 680 below $200 you have to sign a 2 year service contract and sign up for an unlimited data package probably a year or two commitment here. To me, this is crazy talk. You will notice in the poster the price is said to be $199 with an asterisk. I couldn't read the fine print to see what made the price go so low. Data plans on Sprint are cheap, but you lose good coverage because of it; Cingular has expensive data plans, but you get way better coverage. As much as I want a Treo device, I probably won't get one because the cost of a decent data plan is so much. If the price drops down, I could probably get one, but until then, I will continue to use my two device system: my Lifedrive and my Motorola v557.

0 comments: