Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Staying fit.


Since my ACL reconstruction surgery, I've added a few pounds. My normal exercising has been reduced to nothing and it's high time for me to get back in the groove. Over the last couple weeks, I've begun to start jogging again. It's been a bit painful, but with each run the pain seems to lessen.

While I jog, I will listen to a message, podcast, or music via my iPod nano. I've found this to be a very useful and fun gadget to have. Yesterday, I stopped by the Apple Store here in Buffalo and picked up the Nike+ sensor for the iPod nano. It helps a runner track their progress and see how well they are performing. I'm really excited about this gadget as I've needed something to help me track my running. This little device has worked quite well so far. I don't think I'll be posting any of my times and distances yet, as I'm well off my normal pace.

It does bring up an important point for those who work in ministry. It's somewhat of a pet peeve with me- lack of exercise. I really believe that each pastor, missionary, evangelist, etc. ought to have some form of daily exercise. Since our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, we ought to take care of that temple. It helps us set forth a good example to those we minister to and it keeps us healthier for the ministry. It's not easy to start, but I think the end results will be worth it. Think about it...

0 comments: