Saturday, March 10, 2007

Freeware Download: Google Desktop


Unfortunately, Windows Vista did not take to my current PC. I'm still waiting on drivers for my video card from nvidia of which they said would be able later in 2007. I think it may be- never!
One feature I liked from Vista was the sidebar. I had tried other sidebars and never did like them all that much. The Vista Sidebar worked for me and now that I'm using Windows XP again, I miss the Vista Sidebar.
Well, I had never really gave Google Desktop a real good go and so today I installed it. My main reason for installing Google Desktop is to be able to view my Google Calendar on the sidebar and see my agenda for the day. Google Desktop can do this rather easily and it looks great. Having a widescreen monitor does help with a sidebar. So if you are looking for a sidebar like Windows Vista, consider the Google Desktop. It may not have all the bells and whistles of other sidebar apps, but it does look good and seems to keep things simple.

0 comments: