Thursday, March 22, 2007

More tech, no tech...

While I'm seeing where God would have me to serve next, I've had to consider a few pros and cons to a future move. Understand I do not base where I will serve next or move on any of these things. I'm just thinking aloud on TGP.

1. Cell phone reception - Some places I have looked at have little or no cell service. While I think I could easily get by with out a cellphone, it does mean that I would most likely have to use a PDA still. Lately, I've been considering an Apple iPhone as a replacement to my current cellphone. However, if I live in an area with poor or no cell service, this would not be practical.

2. I'm also considering purchasing a laptop down the road as I'm thinking it would be much easier to have all my documents and current messages with me rather then at home. That will mean though carrying around a laptop along with any other items I might need. (Bible, books, etc.)

3. Internet service will definitely be an issue for me. I've grown to enjoy broadbad internet service and I cannot imagine going back to dail-up, but it could be a possibility. One option that I could have is internet service thru a satellite dish. However, I've never personally experienced this kind of service and so I'm not sure how well it would work in comparison to what I have now.

These are just a few things I've thought about and I'm wondering if anybody else has thoughts on these thoughts? Technology can be very useful and helpful, but some places don't need all the tech and get by without. How about you? Is technology a necessary tool in your ministry or is it a tool that sees little use? Please share your comments below.

0 comments: