Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Brighthand reports Palm Acquisition May Be Announced in Two Days


It looks like all those Palm takeover rumors could be coming true and it might just happen in a couple days. Brighthand is reporting that Palm might be out by Nokia, Motorola, or quite possibly to a private equity firm. It seems to me that having a private equity firm would be the best choice for Palm users as Palm wouldn't go thru too many major changes. If Palm is bought by Nokia or Motorola, we could see some major changes to the company.
The one question that surrounds this for me is will the Palm platform survive such a buyout? I must admit that my time with the Palm platform could be coming to a close as other devices like the iPhone and Google phone will be hitting the market soon. Palm has yet to refresh the design of the Treo and revamp the aging Palm OS. I've waited long enough with this and I personally will not wait any longer. If Palm can do something by June in the form of an announcement or a new product release, I may stay with Palm, but if they don't I will move on to something else. Until then, we'll have to see how this rumor plays out. It should get fun now!

0 comments: