Thursday, August 23, 2007

Palm responds to Engadget! WOW!

I cannot believe this my Mr. Ed Colligan has responded to Engadget's Open Letter to Palm via Palm's blog. It is a short response, but I must say that I am impress and am looking forward to see what Palm will have to offer down the road. Who knows maybe I will jump ship from the iPhone- well, maybe not that quick. Palm's got a lot of convincing to do...

"Thanks Engadget


Dear Peter, Ryan and Joshua:

Thank you for the very thoughtful post about Palm. I really appreciate the fact that you guys and others care enough to take the time to write such a comprehensive list of actions. I forwarded it to our entire executive staff and many others at Palm have read it. Although I can’t say I agree with every point, many are right on. We are attacking almost every challenge you noted, so stay tuned. Let’s remember that it is very early in the evolution of the smartphone and there is enormous opportunity for us to innovate. We have only just begun to fight!

Thank you for taking the time to write. I really do take your comments to heart and I know the team at Palm is totally committed to delivering the best mobile computing solutions in the world.

-Ed Colligan"

WOW! This is definitely not a typical move by a CEO of a company, but it will definitely help with Palm's PR and the public view of Palm as a company.

0 comments: