Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Going on radio? Read this first!


I have never been on radio in my life. However, many churches have their own radio stations and some pastors participate in debates, interviews, etc. on the radio. If you have never been on radio, it can seem like a daunting ordeal. However, I have found a good resource that can help prepare you for the radio, specifically a radio interview. Although this could easily apply for any interview you might give.

"This week, I got an email from Paul Butler, a freelance producer for Moody Radio’s Prime Time America program, asking to interview me about ministry and blogging for the program. The radio piece will be airing in the next week or so and I’ll give a link once it’s finished. He also interviewed a CCP reader and blogging pastor, Ron Dauphin, who I helped get a blog going.
Anyway, through the interview, I quickly realized, I had never done a radio interview … and that I could learn a lot from Paul’s experience.
So afterward, I emailed him a couple of questions and want to share his answers here. His answers are excellent and will help any pastor or minister prepare for a radio interview."

Read More

0 comments: