Friday, August 03, 2007

How one pastor uses his Palm PDA.


I read this article over at Palm Addicts and this pastor shares his uses of his Palm TX. Technology can really be helpful in the ministry and this pastor has implemented it quite well.

"I've been a Palm Pastor since 1997 when I purchased a Palm Personal off the discount table at my local office supply store. Probably the best $99 I ever spent. Since then I have owned the IIIx, IIIc, Tungsten, T3, Lifedrive and now my TX. I still own all the palms. How could I possibly let them go? All still function, though the Personal had a mishap with a concrete gym floor and now sports a cracked screen, but in spite of a severe handicap the little fighter still turns on and begs to be used.
From the beginning I've used my Palm for everything. Early on I had no money for a laptop and then once I began discovering the "Power of Palm" I never saw the need of one. Everything I've ever needed to do on the road I've done with the Palm in my pocket rather than than the computer on my lap. I remember feeling so superior to those poor "lappies" struggling to take notes on a huge laptop during a seminar while I deftly lifted in my pocket (moving slowly and deliberately so that others less technologically advanced would be sure to see) and pulled out my Palm, slid the stencil out of the silo and began to take notes. The snugness of the Palm definitely led to the smugness of my attitude..."

Read More

0 comments: