Thursday, August 23, 2007

iPhone news roundup: More cool stuff for my iPhone!!!

My iPhone has become my do-it-all gadget. I've gotten directions, added events to iCal, researched topics, found illustrations, checked wifi networks I've installed, snapped pictures, sent email, surfed the full internet, and listened to audio and video podcasts, all on one device. I'm a true believer of a converged device, something I have denied and somewhat aggressively argued against up until my iPhone. So what cool things have I been doing with my iPhone? I'm glad you asked!

1. Installing 3rd party apps via Installer.app - OK, Installer.app is the unofficial way of adding in 3rd party apps until Apple gives the green light for iPhone developers. Still, it's quite simple to install on my iPhone and I can install the limited number of apps on my iPhone as I please. I can even uninstall them if I wish. Still, it's rather cool to see an iPhone modded and show it off at the Apple store.

2. Played BattleFleet (a BattleShip clone) on my iPhone - One of my favorite games as a kid and now I get to play it on my iPhone! Already, I have spent too much time with this little game, but it's lots of fun for me.

3. Updated my ringtones with ifuntastic - another great app for the iPhone and it works rather well when added new ringtones to your iPhone. It's also free- even better!

4. Organized my bookmarks for my iPhone - Group them together in categories to avoid lots of flicking.

5. Watched several videos on my iPhone that I downloaded from iTunes and converted via my MacBook! I never thought I'd watch so much video on a tiny screen, but it's proven to be rather convenient for me at times.

So that's pretty much it for this post!

0 comments: