Friday, June 01, 2007

My MacBook is coming!!!


Sometime next week my new black Macbook is coming. Well, it's not actually new, it's one of Apple's refurbished Macbooks, but it's new to me! I'm excited as I've been talking to my wife now for sometime about making the jump and she's excited as I'll stop talking about making the jump! So, I'm hoping to be using it soon and when I do, I'll let you know what I think about it and how my transition goes and if the Mac OS X can be more useful to a pastor then Windows. That should be interesting!

2 comments:

Bryan Hooper said...

Just discovered your blog....mind is overstatement.org and there is some content overlap, so check me out....

I am a big mac fan, and I am glad you are taking the plunge. You will notice right off the increase in quality when you use the mac book. But don't think you won't have some frustrations - it's still a computer!! And there are some things you just can't do well on a mac - Bible software is a weak area, but Logos is coming out soon so that will help.

Anyway, looking forward to reading your blog!

Joshua Burdick said...

Bryan, thanks for visiting! So far I'm really enjoying my MacBook and I'm only wishing I had made the jump a long time ago. I've had a few hiccups a DVD stuck, incompatibilities with iDVD, among other small things. Most of these things are probably just learning the ropes with a Mac. Overall, I'm glad that I did!