Friday, June 15, 2007

Brighthand's take on the Foleo


While Palm's latest device, the Foleo, is not receiving the best of remarks from the Palm community, Ed Hardy from Brighthand shares why he likes the device. I'm a bit neutral on the device myself. I can understand the need for the device as many times I had wished to have a larger keyboard and screen when using my Lifedrive. Since my Macbook, I'd rather carry it, then a Foleo. Still, I think it has potential if Palm would tweak it up a bit with more memory and some excellent software.

"A few weeks ago, Palm, Inc. unveiled the Foleo, the first product in its new "Mobile Companion" category.

This won't be a handheld, smartphone, or laptop. As its name suggests, it will be a special-purpose device intended to act in conjunction with a smartphone and not replacing it, letting people view the Web and their email on a larger screen and enter text with a full-size keyboard

Even though Palm doesn't want to admit it, it's not the first company to develop something like this. The first one I can think of that that attracted worldwide attention was the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet, which was recently followed up by the N800.

Whether you call the device a Mobile Companion or an Internet Tablet, this is a class of devices that I believe has a great deal of potential."

0 comments: