Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A DVD tour of your church for your guests.


I am wondering if any of your churches or you pastors, create a DVD presentation of your ministries. I am sure many missionaries already do this when they are on deputation. However, I think including a DVD in your church's guest welcome packet. When I was looking for a youth pastorate, a church gave me a welcome bag that included a bag of cookies, a small bag of coffee, and some material on the church. They wanted me to sit down and take some time to look thru and see what kind of church they are. I thought this was a classy idea and something that I would try to do in the future. I have been thinking of creating a DVD that explains and highlights the church's ministries. If done right, this could be an excellent tool to help people in finding the right church. Right now, I'm working with iMovie HD in creating DVDs and I think I try working on such a DVD for my church now. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but I'll try to crank one out if I can. This would be a great way to promote our Christian school, daycare, bus ministry, and Seniors ministry.

So does your church employ such a method or something similar? Has it been a help or a project that has not shown any profit?

0 comments: