Thursday, February 08, 2007

Two hundred and counting...


I cannot believe it, but I'm writing my 200th post here at the Gadget Pastor. I've covered a lot of different things over the past few months focusing on ministry tips, tech news, and useful freeware for the home and the church office. I'm working on some ideas on content for the site and will hopefully have them implemented soon.
It's been about six months since The Gadget Pastor posted its first post. For those who might be curious, the reason I started this blog was I wanted to help others and be able to have a place to share my thoughts on technology. I'm truly a Gadget geek. I love reading about them and I love going to my local electronics store to try them out. I blame my dad for it, because he always had me close by while he repaired a TV or VCR. I learned it all from him. I've constantly looked for ways to use gadgets in my ministry to make me more productive or speed up my work. While this has not always worked perfectly, it has shown me that technology can be helpful and at times it is a necessary evil. ;)
I really appreciate all of you that have been visiting The Gadget Pastor and for the emails and comments you have left. I count it a real privilege to be able to communicate with you and talk about gadgets and the ministry. I pray that the Lord will bless your family and your ministry.

Thanks,
Joshua

P.S. Enjoy the fun facts below about 200 from Wikipedia.

Two hundred is also:

  • A common ISO-standard film speed for photographic films. However, 200 speed film is being phased out in consumer films in favor of faster films.
  • A denomination of the euro note. The 200 euro note was designed by Robert Kalina.
  • The size of one side of the main square in Kraków, Poland (200 m×200 m)
  • 200 MeV is the temperature of quark-gluon plasma phrase transition.
  • The name for a car made by Rover, called the Rover 200.
  • An HTTP status code indicating a successful connection.
  • The sum of dollars given in the classical Monopoly game to a player passing Go.
  • A cholesterol level of 200 and below is considered "Desirable level corresponding to lower risk for heart disease"

0 comments: