Thursday, February 08, 2007

Finding books to read in ministry.


Now most pastors, missionaries, teachers, etc. I know tend to read a lot of books. One of my professors in college had somewhere around 4,000 books of his own. I've got a more modest library of about 400 books. Sometimes finding a good book to read can be difficult and/or costly. So what do you do? Well, here are a couple places you could find paper books and digital books.

Christian Book Distributors - probably one of the most well-known catalog and online bookstores. You'll find just about any current book and many of them at decent prices. I've ordered from them a few times and they've done me right.

Amazon - Surprisingly, Amazon can have really good book deals. I've also been able to find hard to find copies here.

eBay - While ebay can be a great price to find books and usually at good prices, you need to remember the phrase "buyer beware." I've shopped from ebay many times over, but I'm very careful from whom I buy. Look at their feedback and read the reviews. Overall, you'd be surprised at how many folks are selling their books.

These are the places I go when I need a new book. If you have some secrets to finding books for your studies at good prices or other sites you have shopped at, please tell us in the comments below.

1 comments:

RelativelyAbsolute said...

A couple of others to check out:

Half.com -ran by Ebay, but with set prices. Often cheaper than Amazon.

CCEL.org - "The Christian Classics Ethereal Library is a digital library of hundreds of classic Christian books selected for edification and education."