Thursday, February 15, 2007

Foxit PDF Reader


For a long time, I used Adobe PDF reader to view PDF documents. It was all right, but I did experience frequent crashes and it always seemed to want to update itself. I finally found a decent alternative to Adobe PDF. It's called Foxit PDF Reader (freeware). It doesn't do everything that Adobe does, but in my experience it has worked great with FireFox and Internet Explorer. It's also a lot smaller in size then Adobe. Foxit's download is only 1.5 mb while Adobe is 20.8 mb.
There is a paid version of Foxit PDF Reader that has a few more features, but the freeware version has sufficed for me. I even used Foxit PDF reader once to type my name into a rebate form and print it off. Since I was using the free version it did also print a watermark at the top of the page, but I didn't care.
It's a definitely warrants a test as it help me avoid my frequent crashes with Adobe. Did I also mention it is free?

0 comments: