Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Reading sermons.


Last week, I posted an audio sermon recommendation. This week I wanted to post about a publication called the Sword of the Lord. I'm not sure how often it comes out, but I've subscribed to it in the past and it is well worth the $15 yearly subscription. The Sword publishes several sermons and other useful preaching and pastor tips, illustrations, etc. It's perfect for anyone that teaches or enjoys reading sermons of yesterdays and todays preachers.

I really think it is important for preachers, teachers, missionaries, students to read sermons as well as listen to them. It will help you in your personal studies and even in your message preparation. With all the gadgets we long after and read about, it cannot hurt us to work on our spiritual health. I hope you take a look at the Sword of the Lord and if you have any suggestions of places that you read sermons online or another publication, please share it with the rest of us!

You can download a free preview copy of the Sword of the Lord here.

0 comments: