Friday, January 05, 2007

Trim the wasted and unprofitable minutes of your life

I cannot tell you how many hours I have lost to aimlessly surfing the web. I click this link and then follow that link and pretty soon I've racked up a bunch of minutes that I wasted. I really don't want to continue to work or surf that way. Being online should be a tool and not a waste of my time. There are many other areas of our lives that we might find ourselves wasting minutes here and there. So here is some very useful tips to help you be more productive. Believe it or not, many people have this problem, but it can be overcome. Read these great tips and more from an article called "How to be more productive" from Wired.

"Tidy Up Your Desk ...

1) Stack the knickknacks and pile up the papers until you actually see your desk's top.

2) Line up books and binders to establish a perimeter for your work area. Keep all extraneous items away from your keyboard and mouse.

3) Hit the Container Store. Magazine holders help isolate clutter. Folder organizers keep lower-priority projects from usurping valuable real estate. A document tray provides a target for paperwork that coworkers might otherwise toss haphazardly onto your desk.

4) Set aside a few minutes daily to clear your desk. If you have to, make it a standing appointment in your calendar...."

Source: Wired

0 comments: