Thursday, January 25, 2007

It hasn't got better.

Computers are fickle objects. You keep them clean, healthy, up-to-date and they still can get sick. You scan for spyware, adware, a virus, and whatever else you can and still it gets sick. So it is with my computer. In my last post, I mentioned I lost my documents, well I also lost 2 months worth of our family's pictures. I was able to recover about 70% of what I lost using PC Inspector File Recovery, a program that can undelete or recover lost files. It worked quite well for me as I was able to undelete and recover much of what I lost, but not all of it. Depsite backing up on my PDA daily, I don't backup anything on my PC at all. That has changed. I'm in the process of setting up a system to insure that I will have backups of my more recent files and then backing up older files onto DVD discs.
It's a learning process to be sure and one that I should had listened to others advice and the many articles I've read on backing your files up. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. I'm just thankful it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

BTW, I've got a nasty cold and I've been slow getting posts out, so please bear with me as things are tad slow as I work my computer issue and get over this cold.

0 comments: