Friday, January 19, 2007

Alex Pruss makes slight updates to MineHunt and Hardball and releases a new program


I have several applications developed by Alex Pruss on my Lifedrive. My all time favorite is Fontsmoother and if you are still using the default fonts of your Pam or Treo device, you really need to take a look at Fontsmoother.

Alex Pruss has taken Minehunt and Hardball and given them a slight update. He mentioned this update over in the 1src forums and that's where I noticed it. Exactly what he updated I do not know. However, I use to play these games on my m100 all the time. I thought it was so cool to be able to play MineHunt wherever I went. Hardball was a lot of fun too and I lost many hours to it. Here is Alex's comments on these updates:

"Both very, very slightly updated for OS 5 (and still compatible with OS 3.5 and up). MineHunt was, I think, included with some Palm models. Both games are from the OS 4 example source code, so I can't take any credit or blame except for minor modifications.

http://www.palmgear.com/?xyz=129474
http://www.palmgear.com/?xyz=129514

Unlike many modern apps, these are refreshingly small, 18K for the one and 25K for the other."

Alex also released another app that I have installed on my app called Center Menu 1.0 beta. This app is quite handy and enables you to maximize your one handed use of your Palm or Treo device. On my Lifedrive it enables my center select button to activate the drop down menu in a program. All I have to do is hold the better for a second or so. This does disable the default action of the center button for my Lifedrive which is to show what alarms have gone off in the calendar application. Here is the program description from Alex:

"
This software and its source code is in the Public Domain.
Use at your own risk.

CenterMenu on newer Palms (T5, TX, Lifedrive, TE2, Treo 650+)
replaces the not-very-useful notices viewing that you get by
holding down the center key on the navigator, by the ability
to trigger the menu by holding down the center key for a
second. You can hide the menu by holding down the center
key for a second again.

http://www.1src.com/freeware/fileinfo.php?id=1634"

0 comments: