Monday, September 18, 2006

Technology can help us to be more productive.


This morning as I was getting ready for the day, I was listening to my local newstalk radio station. During the news cast, the reporter mentioned that the technology stocks were up because more companies had been spending their money on them so they could increase their productivity. I happen to agree with that technology can make a company more productive in their business or a church more productive with their ministry. Though I must admit that technology does occasionally consume more of my time then I would like, I still think it is good and helpful.
Our school and church uses technology all the time. We design our school's yearbook on our computers, students build power point presentations to show during class, they learn about digital photography, type their papers out on computers, and more.
Our church website allows you to visit one of our services live every Sunday and Wednesday (barring no glitches!). We started this as a means to allow some of our church members who couldn't get out a way to be apart of the church service. Our bulletin is also available to them online so they can print it off or view it on their computer.
I know many missionaries we have in use DVDs now to display their mission reports or tell us about their passion and missionfield. I think it works a lot better then the days of the slides. All though its not as fun as with slides you would get an occassional picture upside down or something. ;)
Overall, I think a church can use technology very successfully and will see positive results from it. If you would like to share how technology has helped your pastorate, church, or ministry please email us by clicking on the Gadget Pastor logo to the top right.

0 comments: