Saturday, September 23, 2006

How do you store your messages?


Recently, I've been working on a series of messages that cover the names of God. I'm preaching this for our school chapel each Monday. Now, I've been using my Lifedrive and my PC to create my messages and then I will print them out as I need them. When I was in college, I worked my summers in different local churches so I could learn the ropes so to speak. One pastor showed mes that he stored his sermons (most were hand written) in a huge file cabinet and had a complicated paper filing system, but it worked for him. I have chosen to keep all my messages on my PC and sync them to my Lifedrive as well. I have a folder in My Documents that I organize my messages in. They get organized by where I have preached them (i.e. church, Sunday School, school, etc.). Then I organize them by content. Having them on my Lifedrive is very helpful as I'll always have my messages with me wherever I go. Now the hard part that I have found is trying to preach from my PDA. Its a lot harder then I thought. I tried several times to do this, but in the end I found it much easier for me to just preach from paper rather then PDA.

My question to the rest of you is do you prefer to preach from your PDA, PC, or paper? And do you store your messages in a folder on your computer or in a folder in your filing cabinet? Just use the comments link below.

1 comments:

Antoine said...

Not that I preach very often, but for the most part I store presentation copies on my Treo's SD card and have a briefcase on my desktop to sync that with a version on my desktop.

In terms of preaching from; I am one who uses a PDA more often than anthing else. And if at all possible, I would accompany it with a laptop so that I would be able to run slides from that that work with my speaking notes.