Tuesday, September 12, 2006

How my PDA helps me study for sermons!


The other night I was preparing for my youth Sunday School class and I needed to look up some words on the passage I was studying. Now normally, I would go and get one of my books from my bookshelf like my Strongs or Matthew Henry Commentary and then look up the word I wanted. And doing that while on the go or having to lug books around was not fun! However, I have learned to use my PDA (Palm Lifedrive) to hold several commentaries and Bible versions on my handheld. I use two different Bible programs for my PDA. Bible+ and eBible for the Palm OS. Bible+ is free and has lots of extras you can download. I like eBible because it has some of the newer Bible helps and commentaries available, but Bible+ can be faster and its a whole lot cheaper.
So with my PDA I was able to quickly look up the word I needed and without losing my thought pattern. Its a big help to me as I tend to get distracted easily when I'm working on my messages. Its also quite helpful when you are travelling or don't want to take a lot of books with you to your home or office.
So if you own a Palm PDA or a Pocket PC, you might want to check out the many Bible programs out there for you PDA. It could prove to be quite useful in your ministry as it has been in mine.

0 comments: