Monday, September 18, 2006

Jesus's humor...

One thing I miss in my college days where the many jokes the preachers would tell to help break the ice with us college students. I think most folks enjoy some humor before and during the preaching. Well, this morning I was reading Matthew 8:12-13 and Jesus was speaking to the Parisees because they questioned him eating with the publicans and sinners. Jesus said to them, "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." I had never noticed that phrase "but go ye and learn what that meaneth". It was a bit of a rebuke for them, but nonetheless, it brought a smile to my face this morning and a thought that I too need to remember there are many things I still need to learn about Jesus.


0 comments: