Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Vista sells 40 milion licenses in 100 days

Despite all the flak and criticism it has received, Vista is the fastest selling OS in history. I must admit that my short time will Vista was good, despite my driver issues, I did like the new OS. It may not have much over XP, but the eye candy was sweet. I have to wonder though how many of those folks who bought Vista went back to their former OS, like I did. I would like to know how many Vista users there are compared to XP users. That would be interesting!

"SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -- Microsoft has sold nearly 40 million Windows Vista licenses in the first 100 days that the latest version of the operating system has been available, Chairman Bill Gates said Tuesday.

Gates said an accelerating consumer shift to digital lifestyles had helped make the operating system the fastest selling in history, and that premium editions have accounted for 78 percent of Vista sales."

Read More

0 comments: