Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell is in heaven tonight.


As many of you have probably heard, Dr. Falwell is in heaven tonight. Many years ago, our church had Dr. Falwell come and speak. I was not there, in fact, I don't think I was even born yet. While some may disagree with his views, he definitely left a legacy that will last for years to come. I think it would be wise of us to learn from some of his accomplishments and his failures. Many of the great men of God are passing from the scene, and there are gaps forming in the line.

Who will stand in the gap?

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none."

Ezekiel 22:30

"Falwell was found without a pulse in his office at Liberty University and pronounced dead at a hospital an hour later. Dr. Carl Moore, Falwell's physician, said he had a heart condition and presumably died of a heart rhythm abnormality.

Driven into politics by the 1973 Supreme Court ruling that established the right to an abortion, Falwell founded the Moral Majority in 1979. One of the conservative lobbying group's greatest triumphs came just a year later, when Ronald Reagan was elected president..."

READ MORE

0 comments: