Friday, May 18, 2007

More Dell news... Ubuntu on a dell coming next week???


Dell is apparently ready to release systems with Ubuntu on them. I've tinkered with Ubuntu and with it's latest release, I'd almost switch to it, if it wasn't for my iPod and my wife. She's not a fan of it- yet! I'm wondering how much money a person could save by installing a free operating system on their PC instead. I'm guessing the savings won't be much.
Would a Dell computer with Ubuntu on it be of interest to you? I've ready a lot of reasons why to make the switch from Windows to Ubuntu and Linux does have a lot to offer with open source programs. One of my difficulties to switching was understanding the terminal window. I like the double click on the setup icon and that begins the install. The Linux way was difficult for me to grasp at first. Automatix was a huge help as well.

0 comments: