Thursday, April 05, 2007

Digital paper coming soon.|

Electronic paper edging toward reality is a good read over at Reuters. Personally, I think this would be a good idea and could be quite practical. I like the idea of my daily news updated onto my "digital newspaper." I'm sure we are still years away from this being seen in everyday use.

"CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (Reuters) - "Electronic paper" has long been hyped as the future of newspapers and books, but products like e-books have been slow to take off. That may soon change, say executives involved in the pioneering technology.

While Internet companies are scanning libraries of books and making them available online, E Ink Corp., which emerged out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology a decade ago, is seeing a surge in orders for its portable, foldable displays that mimic conventional paper to carry such books."


READ MORE

0 comments: