Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Old Computer equipment.


At our school, we receive many donations of old computer equipment. Some of it I've been able to use while much of it has found its way to the dumpster. I do save things like CD drives, hard drives, memory, etc. parts I might use for another computer. Two things about giving away old computer items: 1) Securely erase your data on the disk, do not assume the next owner will do so for you; 2) Once you are done with it, pass it on. One church I interned at gave me an old computer my junior year in college. It proved to be a huge help for me as I needed it to type on papers and such. I believe my Palm Lifedrive has better specs then that old computer I used. Still it go the job done and after I graduated, I gave away to someone else to use.


I think when you can and if you can, donating your old computer items is a great way to help others. A simple search on Google can help you find places that you can donate your old computer equipment.

0 comments: