Thursday, December 28, 2006

As the year comes to a close, a challenge for you...

As each year comes to a close, I begin to think back to the beginning of the year as many people do I'm sure. I try to see and point out the areas I have grown in or improved in and the areas I didn't do so well in. Things I tried, things I didn't. Overall, I've had a great year, but one question lingers for me and that is "Am I closer to God now then I was then."
As pastors, assistant pastors, youth pastors, missionaries, Christians, we constantly attacked by the Devil and he works against our ministries and our people to keep us as far away as from God as he can. That's why as this year comes to a close, take the time to look back and see if you have grown closer to God or have been stagnate. As servants of the Lord, we cannot allow ourselves to take the easy way or the path of least resistance. It is high time that we as Christians, take every avenue and use every tool we can to further our relationship with God and tell others about His Son, Jesus Christ. It is our reasonable service for our Lord and it would be an awful shame for us to be found wanting in this area.
As your family, church, and you pray in the New Year, please take the time to look at your spiritual life and make the adjustments that you need to to correct or maintain your service for Him! Don't be like these folks in Jeremiah 6:16...

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein."

0 comments: