Saturday, July 14, 2007

Phone voicemail tip from Lifehack.org


If you have ever left a message on someone's phone and goofed up or said something wrong, you get that sinking feeling in your stomach and you hope that they party on the other line understand. It is important to sound proper and clear on the phone. While working for the college promotions department at my alma mater, I was trained how to sound properly and professionally over the phone. Talk about a difficult time for me, learning to speak right. From that experience, I speak with more confidence over the phone, something I certainly appreciate as a pastor. However, this tip to re-record voicemails is a good one. Many times I have wanted to re-record a message that I left, because I goofed. If you've been there before, Lifehack.org gives a simple tip to overcoming your voicemail woes.

"Today’s hack is simple, and effective. I use it almost every day.

The next time you leave a message on someone’s cell phone, press ‘#’ when you’re done. On 99% of cell phone carriers you will then be given an opportunity to listen to your message, and if needed, delete it to record a new one.

Why should you do this? I’m glad you asked.

If you’re anything like me, you will be utterly shocked at how you sound on the phone. It’s probably nothing like how you sound in your head.

When I’ve listened to my messages in the past, I couldn’t believe that I sounded so depressed, sleepy, aloof, or annoyed (each of which came across at different times, whether I felt that way or not)."

Source: Lifehack.org

0 comments: