Thursday, July 19, 2007

13 reasons to avoid an iPhone


Harry McCracken over at PC World has written an article discussing his reason for not purchasing an iPhone. Many of the reasons could easily be fixed by Apple via a software update and I certainly hope that Apple does provide new features in a future update. However, the iPhone is missing some key features as McCracken points out. I think what it boils down to is many people would love to own an iPhone, but they cannot give up the functionality of their current phone until the iPhone can provide similar features. I hope in time the iPhone will be able to do this, but until then we will have to enjoy a less featured cell phone. Of course maybe a few of you will probably be writing this faults down so you can tell others why you have shied from the iPhone. ;)


"I bought a new phone from AT&T week before last. I'm pretty happy with it. And the weird thing is, it isn't an iPhone--it's an AT&T 8525, a Windows Mobile-based model that's been around since the middle of last year. I picked it up after a week of living with an iPhone, during which I learned that for all the cool things about it--and it is the coolest cell phone ever made--it's not a practical everyday phone for me, or at least not as practical a choice as the 8525 is. Here's why..."

0 comments: