Thursday, July 05, 2007

A few cool things I did with my iPhone.

I wanted to share how I've been able to use my iPhone over the last couple days.

1. Emailed a picture that I took with my iPhone to my Dad in Florida all the while I talked to him on my iPhone.

Now I've never had a device that I could do a trick like this, but I must say I was blown away that I could be talking to my dad about one of my boys latest injuries with a bike and then take a picture for my dad to see the "battle wound" and then quickly email it to him. That was cool!

2. I took a pictures of some water damaged caused by a leaking toilet.

We had a toilet that was leaking and I took pictures of the water damage and where the water was coming to show our church plumber what was going on. Mobile devices especially ones with cameras can come in handy quite often.

3. Responding to ebay emails while on the go.

I've been selling some things on ebay and with my iPhone, I've been able to respond quickly to questions about my items. It's a helpful way for people to see this guy is on top of it, when in reality I just got my iPhone and am now able to do that!

4. I needed to find a verse for a lesson I was working on.

I went to www.ebible.com and did a quick search for the verse that I could not find with my iPhone. Sure enough I found it and was able to add the verse to my lesson and continue without missing a beat.

5.  Adding appointments and staying on schedule.

I've been able to quickly add appointments to my schedule with no problems.

6.  I use the notes application to help me work on verse memorization.

I try very hard to memorize a verse of Scripture as often as I can. Sometimes I have them down in a week, sometimes longer. With my iPhone I use the notes application to type out my verse and then I can quickly access it when I have free time.

Now grant it, the iPhone is not the only mobile device that can do these things. It's the device that I have chosen to accomplish what I need. Not everything was ministry related, but some of it was. If you do have a smartphone or a cellphone, learn its capabilities and see how you can use it in your ministry helping you stay productive for the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear eBible.com is working for you on the iphone. Any tips or ideas on how to make the experience better?

Joshua Burdick said...

I would like to see a way to open the Bible directly with tapping rather than typing and formatted for the iPhone. For instance, have a menu bar that you can choose version, book, chapter, and verse. Once you've selected these, you hit go and you've opened the Bible to that passage of Scripture. That would make eBible more useful for me.